CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 1, 2009

SWINE FLU

The Swine Flu thing has really been concerning me lately. Especially because five hours from us in Texas a little kid died. Last night Oak woke up at one in the morning she never does that any more. She was super warm and cheeks were all flushed. i geve her a bottle and layed her on my chest and was trying to get her to burp and then she started gagging. Then she would lay back down and then gag again it was really scary so I flipped on the lights and she jumps and is squinting her eyes. Still all smiles like always. I check and everything seems fine. I took her onesie off and put back on her jams and put her back to bed. I checked on her a few times for the next half hour and then fell back asleep. Until .... four am when she woke up again I fed her a little more bottle and then layed back down. I said a prayer hoping that nothing was wrong...
She's ok this morning so no pigs for us just a worried mom. I got to work this morning at six just to get a jump start on the day. and this email was in my inbox. It made me laugh so hard. Thanks rance for making my day...

Little spiritual note: If this swine flu really is going to be a big deal the prophet and prophets past have been telling us to be prepared for a while. ARE WE?
I wonder this all the time. Ry always wonders why I grab extra stuff at the store. I'm just trying to be PREPARED!!! Have a great day everyone and PREPARE.... and we shall not fear.

AND WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T KISS PIGS!!!

8 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Mands... just go with your Mom's intuition and all will be fine!!! :) I love seeing those once a day pics and video of her! We miss our OAKS

and I'm never going to feel prepared! aaacccckkk!

photography by Mikki said...

You're such a great mommy! And I agree with Shelle, and I miss Oakie too! I've been thinking tons about food storage too- don't really know what to buy sometimes though. Lots' of flour?
Miss you! Thanks for your email this morning-

Long Family said...

So funny!!! I've been worried about the flu too, but that is true and did put me more at ease. I do need to do better on my food storage though!!!

APRIL DAVIS said...

I need your address! Call me!

Shanan Wasden said...

Hey Mandy what's your e-mail address? I want to send you something that I got and I am sure it will calm you down and give you piece of mind.

cerrah said...

I really don't think this swine flu thing is the "big one." It's been blown way out of proportion by the media. Just wash hands a lot and don't worry!

I'm glad she's doing better, the up in the middle of the night stuff is always scary.

How are things in Texas, by the way? I hope you guys are well. We miss seeing you.

Cameron and Paige said...

That is kinda scary! But you are a mom and you are just wanting you child to be safe and healthy. It's better to be safe then sorry! I love the photo though, it makes me laugh! Have fun in Texas!

Jolene said...

Hey,
This is a really random comment on a blog, but I remembered the guys name at Liberty Square. His name is Dave, just in case it was still eating at you!
Jolene Huff