CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

DeYtOn KaSh SoReNsOn

This is Ry and I's sweet nephew Deyton Kash Sorenson.
Tears are streaming down my face as I write this post today. My heart is filled with Love, pain, heartache, confusion, and peace. I received a text from Krystal Deytons mom while I was out for my morning run on Tuesday that there son was coming that day. I was so excited for them. If any one knows Krystal and Derek they are two of the neatest, strongest, and greatest individuals I have ever met. Krystal is the best mommmy and Derek the Proudest dad as you can see in this picture of Derek and Deyton below. He was born on Tuesday night and he weighed 8 lbs 6 oz. and IDENTICAL TO HIS DADDY. Kiss didn't have any medicine or anything while delivering him. That is unbelievable to me. We wished we could have been there. I received a call from Ryan on Wed saying that Lisa would be calling in a minute with worry in his voice. I quickly became concerned and he shorty explained that Deytons heart had not been fully developed and that they were life flying him up to Primary Childrens Hospital. He hung up and Within seconds Lisa called and explained it to me a little more in detail. My heart broke. I began to sob and then pulled it together so that Ry and I could say a prayer for Deyton and his mom and dad. We felt Helpless as we are so Far away in Dallas. We got tickets and headed to the Airport. We were flying stand by and we were bumped off of so many flights it was so discouraging Thursday passed and then We tried again the following day. I just knew how important it was for Ry to get to Utah to support is Little Sister. I Kept praying and praying that we would get on a flight. We finally made it to Utah and to the Hospital. We imediatley went in the room to see them. Kiss and Ry embraced and I went over to hug Derek and he looked me in the eyes and said this is my BOY. I lost it.... It sure is Derek. What a proud dad. We sat there for a while and chatted and were given more details there were two choices one a heart transplant, which wouldn't guarantee anything he would probably spend his whole life in the hospital or they take him home and enjoy every minute that they had with them. That night at 9:00 they gave him a name and a blessing. I have never listened and been present for a stronger blessing. Derek was very in tune with our Heavenly Father. They decided to take Deyton home. What a hard decision but it was so right and you could feel that in the room. We stuck around until about midnight and then went to the hotel. The next morning we went back and they were getting him already to go home. You could tell on Derek and Krystal's faces just how at peace they were and excited that they were taking their little tough guy home. They arrived home in St. George with a welcome sign and balloons and family there to greet them. They go to bathe him and took pictures he got to be in his room. Ry and I had to split and he went down to St. George and I came back here to get things taken care of and so this morning I was at the Airport about to get on the airplane and Ry called saying not to get on the plane and to come to St. George. I didn't know what to do but I felt like I should come home and then go back when things were taken care of here. When I arrived home I called Ry and Deyton had been fighting for his life. Kiss and Derek just kept repeating to him that it was ok to go home. He went home to Our Heavenly father at 11:10 this morning. I completely broke down at the airport. Derek, Kiss and Deyton. I want you to know how much Ry Oak ad I love you guys. Thank you for your example and strength. For your testimonies and your unwavering faith. I can just imagine those that were there to greet him. He came to earth to do what he needed to. To gain a body and Return to our Heavenly Father. I'm sure he is telling everyone how wonderful it was and what incredible parents he has. Thank you Deyton for being a light in our lives. WE LOVE YOU. LOVE YOUR UNCLE RYAN AND MANDI AND COUSIN OAKLEIGH

10 comments:

Chelsey said...

Oh my goodness! This brought me to tears and they truly must be in tune with the spirit to bring him home. I don't know that I could have done it. I wouldn't have had the strength to let him go. I have no words and I just feel terrible. They will be blessed because of this and will have greater opportunities ahead of them. My prayers and sympathy go out to them. :)

Whitnee said...

Mand, krystal and Derek are in our ward and I can't tell you how sad we feel, too. I cried reading your post as well..they are in our prayers.
whit

Lorraine and Kelly said...

Bawling. What a sweetheart little baby. I can not imagine letting my litte Cate go. They are such great examples. My thoughts are with them.

Becky said...

We love Kristal and Derek and are amazed at their strength. Thank You for sharing this. They are wondeful people and now they have a perfect baby to raise in the next life. Please give us a call, we miss you guys. 435-229-3122

Christie Christmas said...

Oh my beautiful girl, your story brought me to tears. I am so, so, sorry to hear about baby Deyton. Please give Krystal and Derek my love and tell them that I will say an extra prayer for them tonight. Baby Derek must have been a truly choice spirit to have only needed his earthly body for such a short period of time. I can understand the pain that Krystal and Derek are going through, and I know for a fact that it does ease with time. I am sure that this knowledge won't help much at this time, but with help from their families and from their faith, Krystal and Derek will be able to get though this. You and Ryan are so strong and have so much faith, I know you will be a great comfort to Krystal and Derek. I love you both soooooo much- Anut Christie Christmas--

Long Family said...

I'm so sorry!! What a beautiful baby. I was in tears reading this. They are in our prayers.

APRIL DAVIS said...

This is so sad. I'm just bawling-Krystal was just in Motherhood not that long ago and I was so excited for them. Sorry if I've called too much-Rachel told me a bit about what was going on and I wasn't sure if you guys were going to be in St George or just up in Salt Lake. We've kept Krystal & Derek in our prayers since I talked to her-if there is anything that we can do let me know. If you guys do end up in town too let me know-we'd love to see you. Give them our love...

Mica said...

I can't believe the strength of some of these young couples who have had to give up their first baby (I've heard way too many stories lately)! It sure makes me feel so blessed in my life though! I too often take things for granted that are so precious to me! Thanks for sharing....I was bawling too! Hope you are all doing well! We will send some prayers for you all! :)

Jolene and Ty said...

Hey Mandi-
I'm so sorry for that loss of such a beautiful spirit I can't imagine what you and tha family are going through. I'm not sure if this will help Krystal and Derek yet or if it will be to hard but I have a nephew and a cousin with heart problems and are up at primary childrens regulary and they have blogs and are in contact with others that have been through the same thing. Sometimes it helps to talk to others that know what your going through, if you want when the timing is good you may want to recommend a few blogs to check out. This is my cousins and she has links to other "heart buddies" sydneybaker.blogspot.com. There is a link to angel Gracie who passed away in March and I dont know them but I am uplifted by the stories of the mother and other wonderful people that have reached out to her in there time of grief. I hope this info helps and I know I am far away but if you need anything at all let me know.

photography by Mikki said...

mandi~ I just wanted to say hi really quick! I can't stop thinking about you all back home and I miss you guys:) I am missing Oakleigh SO bad I can't even tell you- give her some kisses for me and I will call you on Tuesday when we land in Vegas- I have missed you and can't wait to hear how everything is going! You're almost done w/ TX and that is so exciting to me- miss you and love you! See you soon!